At Her Sixty Five
At Her Sixty Five
Sixty five years old
My mom reads newspaper in her home
Though her academic qualification too poor
And till my father's death
She never could touch a newspaper.
How'll she read?
Then she was highly engaged in household works,
Looking after my twenty five years' bedridden father, taking care of us
She had not a moment to lapse.
So I often consider her a deity
And rendered sole worshiper to her.
I seldom expect anything to other
If expect anything
That is to my mother ..
Even she is my pleasure during sigh.
I wish my mother's sound health
If she is okay, we may be okay.
After my father's death she has got enough time to read newspaper
She reads it through and through
She knows the news of world
Health updates -
Sometimes she asks me some socio-economical unknown terms like GDP,money laundering, papered democracy and so on..
After becoming widow she shifted to vegetarian
Now she is not vegetarian but maintains food discipline
And she takes a forty minutes' walk almost everyday.
(C)Shyamal Kumar Majumder
#MotherDayPoem
07 May,2016.
Sixty five years old
My mom reads newspaper in her home
Though her academic qualification too poor
And till my father's death
She never could touch a newspaper.
How'll she read?
Then she was highly engaged in household works,
Looking after my twenty five years' bedridden father, taking care of us
She had not a moment to lapse.
So I often consider her a deity
And rendered sole worshiper to her.
I seldom expect anything to other
If expect anything
That is to my mother ..
Even she is my pleasure during sigh.
I wish my mother's sound health
If she is okay, we may be okay.
After my father's death she has got enough time to read newspaper
She reads it through and through
She knows the news of world
Health updates -
Sometimes she asks me some socio-economical unknown terms like GDP,money laundering, papered democracy and so on..
After becoming widow she shifted to vegetarian
Now she is not vegetarian but maintains food discipline
And she takes a forty minutes' walk almost everyday.
(C)Shyamal Kumar Majumder
#MotherDayPoem
07 May,2016.
Comments
Post a Comment